Foundation Semester 1 Phonics & High Frequency Words – School & Home Version
Following an extensive literature review, PLD has upgraded our approach to high frequency words (HFW). In a recent blog, a range of tips were provided to remove the confusion that surrounds sight words. Since that point, we have developed our approach further. Our 2020 approach to HFW tackles three commonly encountered issues: Teaching HFW in […]
Following an extensive literature review, PLD has upgraded our approach to high frequency words (HFW). In a recent blog, a range of tips were provided
Scheduling Early Literacy Apps
PLD Reading & Spelling Apps PLD’s Apps have a strong emphasis on alphabet and phonic sounds and phonemic awareness. (i.e. synthetic phonics) and develop reading skills across a range of words which gradually increase in complexity. They are designed to captivate children’s attention whilst they engage in quality learning and facilitate learning in entirely new […]
PLD Reading & Spelling Apps PLD’s Apps have a strong emphasis on alphabet and phonic sounds and phonemic awareness. (i.e. synthetic phonics) and develop reading
PLD’s Whole School Literacy Plan
The document outlines how to implement PLD’s literacy, Movement and Motor and Oral Language resources during the Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 & 2 and across Years 3 to 6. Each page provides suggested time frames and implementation recommendations.
The purpose of this document is to provide an implementation outline to assist schools in scheduling the PLD programs within a broad school-based strategy. When
Early Reading Screen – Foundation
Tracking the emergence of early decoding and word reading.
The Early Reading Screen – Foundation is designed to track the emergence of decoding and word reading. The screen can be used to track skill
Reading Race 1c – ccvc and cvcc words
- $5.99 for Apple single purchases in the App Store
- $2.99 for Apple Volume Purchases of 20+ apps in the App Store
- $5.99 for Android purchases in the Google Play Store
Reading Race 1c: CCVC and CVCC words is the third in the four-game ‘Reading Race’ series of reading apps from PLD Literacy & Learning.
A one player game designed for children between the ages of 4 and 7 by Australian speech pathologist, Diana Rigg, this dynamic and engaging game teaches children about CCVC (consonant-consonant-vowel-consonant) words such as such as spot, frog and club along with CVCC (consonant-vowel-consonant-consonant) words such as lift, tent and lamp.
This app was specially designed for use at home or in a school setting. It provides practice sounding out words and blending sounds, which is especially important for progressing in literacy.
Reading Race is the latest set of apps from PLD Literacy & Learning, designed to make reading and literacy learning fun and engaging for little ones. The series of Reading Race apps were designed by the highly-regarded Australian speech pathologist, Diana Rigg, to ensure optimal efficacy. If you’re in search of a fun and dynamic way to teach your children (or students) the fundamentals, it’s time to discover the four Reading Race apps from PLD Literacy & Learning!
Other apps within the range include:
- Reading Race 1a (Stage 1 Target 1)
- Reading Race 1b (Stage 1 Target 2)
- Reading Race 1c (Stage 1 Target 3)
- Reading Race 1d (Stage 1 Target 4)
- Two-Player Reading Race 1a (Stage 1 Target 1)
- Two-Player Reading Race 1b (Stage 1 Target 2)
- Two-Player Reading Race 1c (Stage 1 Target 3)
- Two-Player Reading Race 1d (Stage 1 Target 4)
[Single Player Stage 1 Spelling Apps]
- Spell Star 1a – cvc words – (Stage 1 Target 1)
- Spell Star 1b – sh, ch, th, oo, ee, ck words (Stage 1 Target 2)
- Spell Star 1c – ccvc and cvcc words (Stage 1 Target 3)
- Spell Star 1d – ar, or, ai, ay, oi words (Stage 1 Target 4)
- Reading Race Mega Bundle (all four Reading Race apps)
- Spell Star Mega Bundle (includes all four Spell Star apps)
- Literacy and Learning Mega Bundle (includes all Reading Race and Spell Star apps)
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Reading Race 1b – sh, ch words
Reading Race 1b: sh, ch, th, oo, ee and ck words is the second in the four-game ‘Reading Race’ series of reading apps from PLD Literacy & Learning.
A one player game designed for children between the ages of 4 and 6, this fun and engaging educational game is designed to teach a$0.00
Reading Race Mega Bundle
Reading Race is a one player, four-game series from PLD Literacy & Learning, developed for 5-6 year olds by Australian speech pathologist Diana Rigg.$0.00
Spell Star 1c – ccvc and cvcc words
This third app (from a set of four), has been designed for students who are working towards acquiring words with double consonants at the start of words (e.g. st, br, sm, tr) and at the end of words (e.g. mp, nt, ld, ft). CCVC stands for consonant-consonant-vowel-consonant words.
The app is most suitable for the following groups:
Year 1 students as they embark on the journey of learning to spell along with their peers.
Older students who are still acquiring the ability to spell with double consonants.
This one player game is designed to provide early spellers with multiple opportunities to: Rehearse CCVC and CVCC spelling words. Extend early spelling by gradually$0.00
Literacy and Learning Mega Bundle
Reading Race and Spell Star are one player games, with four installments each. Developed by Australian speech pathologist Diana Rigg from PLD Literacy & Learning they are aimed at 5-6 year olds.$0.00