$0.00 ex. GST $0.00 Incl. GST
This second app (from a set of four) has been designed for students learning to read words containing the early phonic concepts: sh, ch, th, oo, ee and ck. It is an excellent supplement to early reading books, flash cards and reading games.
The app is most suitable for the following age groups:
- Advanced Kindergarten/Pre-School children
- Average Pre-Primary/Foundation students (as they start to embark on their new National Curriculum goals of learning to read prior to Year 1).
- Older students who are still learning to read words containing the phonic concepts sh, ch, th, oo, ee and ck.
- Apple - Tablet
- $5.99 for Apple single purchases in the App Store
- $2.99for Apple volume purchases of 20+ apps in the App Store
The app is designed to provide early readers with multiple opportunities to:
- Rehearse and automate their single word reading skills.
- Extend single word reading skills by gradually increasing the complexity of the words presented.
Particular consideration has been given to:
- Alphabet and phonic sounds (rather than letter names).
- The combining or blending of sounds (i.e. phonemic awareness) which is an essential foundation skills when extending reading ability.
- An ordered sequence of reading concepts.
How to Play
Once the app loads, the settings (located on bottom left hand corner of the title page) can be accessed. Within the settings there is the choice of a slow, medium or fast game pace. Before starting, the level of the game will need to be selected. It is always recommended that children start at the initial level and progress through each level in the specified order.
Two players then position themselves on either side of the iPad. When the game commences, the instruction will be given to ‘read the word’. This is followed by the revealing of the individual sounds within the word and short pause in which the students have the opportunity to blend the sounds and identify the word before the app names the word.
Three mixed words are then presented directly in front of each player. Two of the words are distractor words plus the word that was read
just moments ago. The players then race to select the focus word.
The player who is first to correctly identify the word, has a section of their palm tree coloured. The game concludes when one of the palm trees is fully coloured.
The game came can then be repeated over and over and when appropriate the students can progress up and through the levels.
People also bought…
Stage 1 decoding and spelling games$65.00 ex. GST $71.50 Incl. GST
A program to develop single word decoding and spelling skills for students operating at Stage 1. Games and tasks for targeted small groups and home programs.
Designed by a Speech Pathologist, this game-based approach focuses on helping children to decode and spell single words. Recommended 15 minutes a day of word attack games
Stage 1 phonic charts$35.00 ex. GST $38.50 Incl. GST
A resource designed for students aged 5-7 years of age or at a stage 1 level representing the phonic and sound structure of words.
The charts can be utilised for the purpose of display or as flash cards. Each set, extends phonic knowledge, whilst highlighting the sound structure and
Stage 1 phonic dictation$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
Learning to apply phonic knowledge to writing tasks.
The program develops the ability to transfer phonic and spelling skills into extended reading and written tasks. Short presentation formats outline dictation only. Extended formats
Stage 1 phonic bingo games$45.00 ex. GST $49.50 Incl. GST
Stage 1 Phonic Bingo Games provide an engaging way for students to rehearse their decoding, word recognition and phonic skills. Includes 11 sets of bingo games: CVC, sh, ch, th, oo, ee, ck, CCVC, CVCC, ar, or, er, oi, oy
The bingo games provide an engaging way for students to rehearse their decoding, word recognition and phonic skills. The pack is comprised of 11 bright