Scheduling Early Literacy Apps
PLD Reading & Spelling Apps PLD’s Apps have a strong emphasis on alphabet and phonic sounds and phonemic awareness. (i.e. synthetic phonics) and develop reading
PLD’s Whole School Literacy PlanThe document outlines how to implement PLD's literacy, Movement and Motor and Oral Language resources during the Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 & 2 and across Years 3 to 6. Each page provides suggested time frames and implementation recommendations.
The purpose of this document is to provide an implementation outline to assist schools in scheduling the PLD programs within a broad school-based strategy. When
Year 1 & 2 Early Reading ScreenThe Early Reading Screen presents an evidence-based alternative to whole-language reading assessments
The Year 1 & 2 Early Reading Screen is a quick single-word reading assessment. It presents words that gradually increase in length and phonic complexity.
Early Reading Screen – FoundationTracking the emergence of early decoding and word reading.
The Early Reading Screen – Foundation is designed to track the emergence of decoding and word reading. The screen can be used to track skill
Reading Race Mega Bundle
Year Level: Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 & 2
Reading Race Mega Bundle
Year Level: Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 & 2
Reading Race Mega Bundle – School License
School licensing options are currently being developed to allow schools to share products with staff electronically (e.g. saved on servers or accessible within online platforms) and will be available soon. If you would like to be notified when this offering is available, please express your interest here.
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National CurriculumHow does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Literacy and Learning Mega BundleReading Race and Spell Star are one player games, with four installments each. Developed by Australian speech pathologist Diana Rigg from PLD Literacy & Learning they are aimed at 5-6 year olds.$0.00
Spell Star Mega BundleSpell Star is a one player, four-game series from PLD Literacy & Learning, developed for 5-6 year olds by Australian speech pathologist Diana Rigg.$0.00
Two Player Reading 1b – sh, ch, th, oo, ee, ck wordsThis second app (from a set of four) has been designed for students learning to read words containing the early phonic concepts: sh, ch, th, oo, ee and ck. It is an excellent supplement to early reading books, flash cards and reading games. The app is most suitable for the following age groups:
- Advanced Kindergarten/Pre-School children
- Average Pre-Primary/Foundation students (as they start to embark on their new National Curriculum goals of learning to read prior to Year 1).
- Older students who are still learning to read words containing the phonic concepts sh, ch, th, oo, ee and ck.
This two player game is designed to provide early readers with multiple opportunities to: Rehearse and automate their single word reading skills. Extend single word$0.00
Reading Race 1b – sh, ch wordsReading Race 1b: sh, ch, th, oo, ee and ck words is the second in the four-game ‘Reading Race’ series of reading apps from PLD Literacy & Learning.
A one player game designed for children between the ages of 4 and 6, this fun and engaging educational game is designed to teach a$0.00
Reading Race 1a – cvc wordsReading Race 1a: CVC words is the first in the four-game ‘Reading Race’ series of reading apps from PLD Literacy & Learning. This fun educational game app was designed for children between the ages of 4 and 6. CVC words or consonant-vowel-consonant words are simple three-letter words such as mat, dog and sit.
This one player game gives children an opportunity to start sounding out simple CVC words in a sequential, intuitive synthetic phonics manner. Children will get$0.00
Two Player Reading 1d – ar, or, ai, ay, oi wordsThis final app (from a set of four) has been designed for students learning to read words containing the phonic concepts: ar, or, ai, ay and oi. It is an excellent supplement to early reading books, flash cards and reading games. The App is most suitable for the following age groups:
- Year 1 students as they embark on the journey of learning to read along with their peers.
- Older students who are still acquiring the ability to read words which contain the early phonic concepts ar, or, ai, ay and oi.
This two player game is designed to provide early readers with multiple opportunities: To rehearse their decoding and single word reading skills. To extend their$0.00