Year 1 & 2 Teaching Sequence Manual
The Year 1 & 2 Teaching Sequence Manual outlines what to teach and when to teach it sequence over a full year for Literacy and
Year 1 & 2 Screening & Tracking Manual
The Year 1 & 2 Screening & Tracking Manual outlines step-by-step instructions including what and when to screen, the materials required, time allocations and discontinue
Year 2 Semester 1 Phonics & High Frequency Words – School & Home Version
Following an extensive literature review, PLD has upgraded our approach to high frequency words (HFW). In a recent blog, a range of tips were provided
Private: Whole School Phonic Placement ScreenThe Phonic Placement Screen is designed to quickly establish the range in ability within a class, and provide the stages for which explicit, structured teaching is required.
The Phonic Placement Screens are designed to track the development of single-word spelling based upon PLD’s Structured Synthetic Phonics sequence. The information gained will highlight
Essential Year 1 Literacy Starter Pack
Essential Year 1 Literacy Starter Pack
Essential Year 1 Literacy Starter Pack – School License
School licensing options are currently being developed to allow schools to share products with staff electronically (e.g. saved on servers or accessible within online platforms) and will be available soon. If you would like to be notified when this offering is available, please express your interest here.
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National CurriculumHow does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Synthetic Phonics within the Junior Primary – Online CourseWhat to teach? When to screen? How to cater for the range in ability? This course will provide you with the structure and tools to improve the literacy outcomes of your Year 1 & 2 students.
Recommended for – staff working within Year 1 & 2 Course presenter – Diana Rigg BA(Ed), BEd, CPP(UK), MEd, MSc(SpPath) Course length – 2.5 hours of viewing plus$119.00
Essential Year 2 Literacy Starter PackYear 2 Literacy resource bundle to reach end of year targets.
By the end of Year 2, students should have progressed enough to accurately and fluently read and spell Stage 2 words and a percentage of
$295.00 – $372.90
Essential Year 1 & 2 Oral Language Starter PackA complete Year 1 and 2, Oral Language program
By the end of Year 1, children need to be able to: Generate complex sentences for writing Demonstrate inferential, predictive and evaluative comprehension ability Building
$190.00 – $242.00
Ultimate Literacy & Oral Language Year 1 Starter PackKey Literacy resources for Year 1 teachers including spelling, dictation, phonics, high frequency words, Oral Language and more
Literacy Targets By the end of Year 1, students should have progressed from decodable reading books and be able to accurately and fluently read and spell Stage
$485.00 – $614.90