PLD’s Whole School Literacy PlanThe document outlines how to implement PLD's literacy, Movement and Motor and Oral Language resources during the Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 & 2 and across Years 3 to 6. Each page provides suggested time frames and implementation recommendations.
The purpose of this document is to provide an implementation outline to assist schools in scheduling the PLD programs within a broad school-based strategy. When
Private: Maximising literacy development within the Junior Primary
At PLD we advocate for a strong junior primary process, in which the connections between classrooms and year levels is well organised. Most students require
The Pathway of Pre-Literacy into Early Literacy
Schools will have literacy results maximized over the long-term when they systematically plan how students progress from pre-literacy (or emergent literacy skills) into their early
Ages and Stages of Literacy Development – Ages 3 – 12A fact sheet which identifies age related milestones for literacy development in children from 3 years of age. Included are decoding and spelling skill checklists for Stage 1 (or Year 1) through to Stage 5 (or Year 5).
Many parents wonder if their child’s reading skills are developing at the normal rate. While there are individual differences, there is a general progression of
Phonic Charts – Stage 2 - eBook
The Phonic Charts are only available as an eBook.
The hard copy resource has been replaced by Sound Wall Charts.
A resource designed for students aged 7-8 years of age or at a Stage 2 level, representing the phonic and sound structure of words.
Phonic Charts – Stage 2 contains 18 cards that focus on the following sounds: ‘a-e’ as ‘ay’, ‘e-e’ as ‘ee’, ‘i-e’ as ‘igh’, ‘o-e’ as ‘oa’, u-e as ‘y+oo’, u-e as ‘oo’, oa, ‘ow’ as ‘oa’, ‘oe’ as ‘oa’, ‘ie’ as ‘igh’, ‘ue’ as ‘oo’, ‘ue’ as ‘y+oo’, ‘ew’ as ‘oo’, ‘ew’ as ‘y+oo’, ‘ea’ as ‘ee’, ‘ow’ as ‘ou’, ou, ‘aw’ as ‘or’, ‘ir’ as ‘er’, ‘ur’ as ‘er’, ‘y’ as ‘igh’, ‘y’ as ‘ee’.
- The charts can be utilised for the purpose of display or as flash cards.
- Extend phonic knowledge, whilst highlighting the sound structure and the vocabulary nature of the words.
- Writing is supported when students have access to environmental print, which consolidates concepts covered.
- Each set of charts is based directly upon the PLD’s Phonic & sight word sequence
Other phonic posters, available in print or as eBooks, in this series:
- Alphabet Sound Charts – Foundation Font
- Phonic Charts – Stage 1
- Phonic Charts – Stage 3
- Phonic Charts – Stage 4
- Phonic Charts – Stage 1 – 4 – Full Set
Sound Wall Charts:
- Sound Wall Charts for the Early Years (26 A4 coloured charts which focus on the alphabet)
- Sound Wall Charts for Foundation (42 A4 coloured charts which focus on the alphabet and Stage 1 digraphs)
- Sound Wall Charts for Year 1 (49 A4 coloured charts which focus on Stage 1 & Stage 2 digraphs)
- Sound Wall Charts for Year 2 & 3 (71 A4 coloured charts which focus on Stage 1, Stage 2 & Stage 3 digraphs)
What is a sound wall display?
A sound wall is an interactive display of phonic concepts and words that is organised by and/or emphasises individual sounds (phonemes). Commonly there is one wall for consonants and one for vowels.
Sound walls focus on the formation of phonemes which gives young students a structure that helps them understand the foundation of language and written literacy. As we know from current research about the science of reading, children learn to read through the application of orthographic mapping, a speech-to-print process where letters are mapped to known speech sounds. Teachers need to harness this modern understanding by using sound wall displays as a teaching and learning tool in their classrooms to support the process of learning to read and spell.
Phonic Charts – Stage 2 – School License
This product is currently not available as a School License.
A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is available on all devices.
A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school.
To read more about school licencing and to view the full range of licensed publications select PLD School Licences
Below you will find a range of FAQ'S related to school licences:
- What is a PLD School Licence?
- What are the benefits of a School Licence?
- What PLD resources are available to buy under a School Licence?
- Who should purchase the School Licence?
- How do I purchase a School Licence?
- How do I add a teacher to a School Licence?
- How do I remove a teacher from a School Licence?
- I don’t know whether to buy a School Licence or an EBook.
- Can I share my School Licence with teachers from other schools?
- Can I store a school licensed resource on my school’s server?
- Can I print out copies of the digital versions?
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National CurriculumHow does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Phonic Charts – Stage 3$35.00$35.00 incl. GST
Phonic Charts – Stage 1-4 – Full Set
The Phonic Charts eBooks – Full Set contains four resources for teaching Stage 1-4. Buy all four of the eBook resources in a bundle and
Phonic flash cards – Stage 1-4Strengthening the relationship between letters and soundsFrom $45.00$45.00 incl. GST
Phonic and Sight Word SequenceOutlining the relationship between letters and sounds.From $65.00$65.00 incl. GST