Early Years to Year 6 Assessment Schedule
The following Early Years to Year 6 full year assessment schedule and scope and sequence outlines have been provided as a general term-by-term guide from which schools can adapt their scheduling. While some students will progress faster and some slower, these plans should be considered for the bulk of students. Screening and tracking is an […]
The following Early Years to Year 6 full year assessment schedule and scope and sequence outlines have been provided as a general term-by-term guide from
A Whole School Approach to Developing Narrative Skills
An information sheet outlining a step by step, whole school approach to developing narrative skills using PLD’s programs.
Research focused on narrative ability has repeatedly reported a correlation between literacy and academic achievement. Narrative training programs have also been shown to produce positive
Language Literacy Link
A information sheet explaining the importance of targeting BOTH language based literacy (or oral language skills) and print based literacy skills (i.e. alphabetic, phonic, spelling and decoding ability) for the development of interpretative reading and writing skills.
Too often parents and educators associate early literacy success with alphabetic and sight word knowledge. A little later on in a child’s development literacy is
PLD’s Whole School Literacy Plan
The document outlines how to implement PLD’s literacy, Movement and Motor and Oral Language resources during the Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 & 2 and across Years 3 to 6. Each page provides suggested time frames and implementation recommendations.
The purpose of this document is to provide an implementation outline to assist schools in scheduling the PLD programs within a broad school-based strategy. When
Ages and Stages of Literacy Development – Ages 3 – 12
A fact sheet which identifies age related milestones for literacy development in children from 3 years of age. Included are decoding and spelling skill checklists for Stage 1 (or Year 1) through to Stage 5 (or Year 5).
Many parents wonder if their child’s reading skills are developing at the normal rate. While there are individual differences, there is a general progression of skill development. It is recommended that if you child has not attained the skills outlined for his/her age, that a school-based meeting be scheduled. Following this, it is likely that a referral to a specialist (e.g. Speech and Language Pathologist) may be necessary to provide an in-depth check on your child’s development. Research clearly states that the earlier intervention commences the better the outcomes for the child.
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Phonic Charts – Stage 2$30.00$30.00 incl. GST
Phonic and Sight Word Sequence
Outlining the relationship between letters and sounds.From $57.00$57.00 incl. GST
Phonic Charts – Stage 1
Representing the phonic and sound structure of words for students aged 5-7 years.$30.00$30.00 incl. GST
Phonic Charts – Stage 4
Representing the phonic and sound structure of wordsFrom $30.00$30.00 incl. GST