Foundation Teaching Sequence Manual
The Foundation Teaching Sequence Manual outlines what to teach and when to teach it sequence over a full year for Literacy, Oral Language and Movement
Recommended picture books to read to 5 year oldsA recommended reading book list that promotes the development of oral language skills in children aged 5 years old.
The books in this guide outline quality age-appropriate recommendations only and do not align with specific PLD programs. The lists have been created by speech
Speech and Language Development Milestones – 5 years oldThis milestone poster/sheet details the speech and language developmental milestones for 5 year olds.
Designed by speech and language pathologists, the speech and language milestone sheets provide a list of typical milestones that should be attained by specific ages.
Oral Language Concept Development – Ages 2 – 6A milestone and information sheet which outlines the timeline for developing oral language concepts in children aged 2 to 6 years.
Essential Foundation Oral Language Starter Pack
Essential Foundation Oral Language Starter Pack
Essential Foundation Oral Language Starter Pack – School License
School licensing options are currently being developed to allow schools to share products with staff electronically (e.g. saved on servers or accessible within online platforms) and will be available soon. If you would like to be notified when this offering is available, please express your interest here.
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National CurriculumHow does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Learning to Read, Spell and Write in Foundation – Online CourseWhat to teach? When to screen? How to cater for the range in ability? This course will provide you with the structure and tools to improve the literacy outcomes of your foundation students.
Recommended for – staff working within Pre-primary (WA), Kindergarten (NSW, ACT), Prep (QLD, VIC, TAS), Reception (SA) & Transition (NT). Course presenter – Diana Rigg BA(Ed), BEd, CPP(UK),$119.00
Essential Foundation Literacy Starter PackFoundation Year flip books and A4 resources for every Literacy program.
By the end of the Foundation school year, children should be able to read and spell CVC and CCVC words and words with a range
$470.00 – $596.20
Ultimate Literacy & Oral Language Foundation PLD Starter PackA complete suite of resources for the Foundation Year including Oral Language, Literacy and Movement and Motor.
This ULTIMATE Foundation Starter Pack contains all of what PLD believes to be our essential resources for the Foundation year. In this Foundation year of
$665.00 – $843.70