$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
Designed by Speech Pathologists, this resource helps teachers
and parents know what type of books and questions that 8 and 9 year
olds should be exposed to.
- Samples of adequate and inadequate 8 and 9 year oldanswers
- Explicit instructions on how to present in a whole class, smallgroup individual setting
- A progress check to determine if students are ageappropriate or not and those that require a referral to a speechpathologist
- A note from the author presents an overview of the theory underpinning the program.
- An instruction manual outlines how to present the program to large groups, small groups or individual children.
- 33 double sided scripted picture book questioning cards, with examples of age appropriate and inadequate answers.
- Each card restates the importance of repeated reading of picture books and outliners a collection of questions to be asked on day 1, then further questions to be asked on days 2, 3, and 4.
- The questions are primarily inferential, predictive, evaluative and appreciative type questions.
- Two easy to administer progress checks are included, to review performance.
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Interpreting,analysing,evaluating - Comprehension - Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning and begin to evaluate texts by drawing on growing knowledge of context, text structures and language features
People also bought…
Comprehension Questions for 6 & 7 year olds$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
40 cards with scripted questions, based upon recommended picture books for students in Year 1 & 2:
Designed by Speech Pathologists, this resource helps teachers and parents know what type of books and questions that 6 and 7 year olds should be
Screen of speech development$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
An instruction manual packed with a simple method of assessing a childs ability to speak properly
A simple articulation screen for teachers and parents. Designed by Speech Pathologists for use in early childhood centres, schools and the home. The screen
Speech and Language Developmental Milestones – From 8 Years Old$5.50 ex. GST $6.05 Incl. GST
A poster designed to promote awareness of early oral language developmental milestones in 8 Year Olds and older
Designed by Speech Pathologists, this resource promotes awareness of early developmental milestones. The poster outlines: What children aged 7 years should be able to say,
Generating narratives 2$35.00 ex. GST $38.50 Incl. GST
A resource for helping children to start expressing themselves verbally and in writing through the use of multiple picture prompts
This resource provides additional picture sequences to assist the process of generating oral and written narratives. The picture sequences explicitly illustrate the structure of narratives.