$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
A selection of questions developed to determine the comprehension skills of 7 1/2 year olds to 9 1/2 year-olds
Designed by Speech Pathologists, this resource helps teachers
and parents know what type of books and questions that 8 and 9 year
olds should be exposed to.
- Samples of adequate and inadequate 8 and 9 year oldanswers
- Explicit instructions on how to present in a whole class, smallgroup individual setting
- A progress check to determine if students are ageappropriate or not and those that require a referral to a speechpathologist
- A note from the author presents an overview of the theory underpinning the program.
- An instruction manual outlines how to present the program to large groups, small groups or individual children.
- 33 double sided scripted picture book questioning cards, with examples of age appropriate and inadequate answers.
- Each card restates the importance of repeated reading of picture books and outliners a collection of questions to be asked on day 1, then further questions to be asked on days 2, 3, and 4.
- The questions are primarily inferential, predictive, evaluative and appreciative type questions.
- Two easy to administer progress checks are included, to review performance.
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Interpreting,analysing,evaluating - Comprehension - Use comprehension strategies to build literal and inferred meaning and begin to evaluate texts by drawing on growing knowledge of context, text structures and language features
Related Blog Posts
Stay up to date with the latest news, discussions
and views from the PLD Literacy team.