$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
Product Support Video
A selection of questions developed to determine the comprehension skills of 5 1/2 year olds to 7 /2 year olds
Designed by Speech Pathologists, this resource helps teachers and parents know what type of books and questions that 6 and 7 year olds should be exposed to.
- Samples of adequate and inadequate 6 and 7 year old answers
- Explicit instructions on how to present in a whole class, small group individual setting
- Progress checks to determine if children are age appropriate or not and those that require a referral to a speech pathologist
- A note from the author presents an overview of the theory underpinning the program.
- An instruction manual outlines how to present the program to large groups, small groups or individual children.
- 40 double sided scripted picture book questioning cards, with examples of age appropriate and inadequate answers.
- Each card restates the importance of repeated reading of picture books and outliners a collection of questions to be asked on day 1, then further questions to be asked on days 2, 3, and 4.
- The questions are primarily inferential, predictive, evaluative and appreciative type questions.
- Two easy to administer progress checks are included, to review performance.
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Interpreting,analysing,evaluating - Comprehension - Use comprehension strategies to build internal and inferred meaning about key events, ideas and information in texts that they listen to, view and read by drawing on growing knowledge of context, text st
Related Blog Posts
Stay up to date with the latest news, discussions
and views from the PLD Literacy team.