$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
A home or school picture book program
- Designed by Speech Pathologists.
- Designed for teachers and parents for use in schools, daycare and in the home.
- List of recommended picture books and scripted questions specific to the target age range.
- Samples of typical student responses which clearly outline what constitutes age appropriate and delayed responses.
- An instruction booklet that outlines how the resource can be presented to a whole class, small groups or individual home setting.
- Includes two simple progress checks.
- A note from the author presents an overview of the theory underpinning the program.
- An instruction manual outlines how to present the program to large groups, small groups or individual children.
- 40 cards that model appropriate questions and responses for the books listed in the Recommended Books for 6 and 7 Year Olds.
- Each card restates the importance of repeated reading of picture books and outliners a collection of questions to be asked on day 1, then further questions to be asked on days 2, 3, and 4.
- The questions are primarily inferential, predictive, evaluative and appreciative type questions.
- Two easy to administer progress checks are included, to review performance.
The other programs within the range include:
This publication is mentioned within the ‘Whole School Literacy Strategy’ booklet on page 12.
Boost reading comprehension
These are home or school-based picture book programs.
Designed by Speech Pathologists. Designed for use in the home or within schools. Contains a list of recommended picture books for this age group. Questions
Year 1&2 language, literacy & motor milestones
A booklet that provides an overview of language, literacy and motor milestones for children in Year 1 and 2 (Lower Primary – 6 to 7 year olds). Tips for home and causes for concern are also outlined. The booklet can be photocopied back to back and then folded in half to provide a compact reference.
Speech & language development posters and sheets – 6 year old
This milestone poster/sheet details the speech and language developmental milestones for 6 year olds.
Designed by speech and language pathologists, the speech and language milestone sheets provide an list of typical milestones that should be attained by specific ages.
Speech Sound Development posters and sheets
The milestone poster/sheet details the age related milestones for speech sound development in children aged 3 to 8 years.
Many parents, early childhood workers and teachers will wonder if a child speech is normal. Most children’s speech becomes clearer gradually as they hear and
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Interpreting,analysing,evaluating - Comprehension - Use comprehension strategies to build internal and inferred meaning about key events, ideas and information in texts that they listen to, view and read by drawing on growing knowledge of context, text st
People also bought…
Full set: comprehension questions
$375.00ex. GST $350.65 Incl. GST
Designed by speech pathologists, each pack outlines a list of picture books with associated scripted questions. The presentation of the books and questions aims to increase reading comprehension skills.
Designed by speech pathologists, each pack outlines a list of picture books with associated scripted questions. The presentation of the books and questions aims to
Narrative structure for 6 to 8 year olds$29.95 ex. GST $32.95 Incl. GST
An A4 card set for helping 6 to 8-year-old children to start expressing themselves verbally and in writing
The card set explicitly outlines the components of a basic narrative: a beginning, a problem, characters thoughts and feelings, multiple events, an ending and finally
Comprehension questions for 8 & 9 year olds$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
A home or school picture book program.
Designed for teachers and parents for use in schools, daycare and in the home. List of recommended picture books and scripted questions specific to the
Connecting Oral & Written Language – Step 1$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
Instructional material outlining how to teach 6 to 8 year olds narrative oral retelling, rewriting and generation.
A junior primary narrative retelling, rewriting and generation program Designed by Speech Pathologists for 6 to 8 year olds. Narrative tasks are presented in an