$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
Product Support Video
Picture Book Retelling breaks down early narrative skills into simple sequential steps for teachers and parents to follow with children.
Designed by Speech Pathologists, Picture Book Retelling Step 1 for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 year olds breaks down early narrative skills into simple sequential steps for teachers and parents to follow with children
- Designed by speech pathologists for teachers and parents.
- Includes colour storytelling cards which assist early retelling efforts.
- Retell summaries for over 40 four year old picture books.
- Techniques and strategies are outlined when a child provides poor retell of a story.
- Includes a story retell assessment screen to monitor progress.
- Instruction manual (75 pages)
- Create a ‘GOOD’ LISTENING environment poster.
- Create a ‘GOOD’ SPEAKING environment poster.
- 19 Story Retelling Cards
- 4 Beginning Cards (When?, Who?, What?, Where?)
- 10 Event Cards (1st to 10th Events)
- 4 Joining Word/s Cards (then, and then, but, so)
- 1 Ending Card (The End)
- Story Retelling Poster
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Use comprehension strategies to understand and discuss texts listened to, viewed or read independently ACARA - Aust. Curriculum (Foundation Year: Interpreting, analysing, evaluating/Comprehension)
Children express ideas and make meaning using a range of media EYLF (Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators)
You may also like…
Related Blog Posts
Stay up to date with the latest news, discussions
and views from the PLD Literacy team.