$59.00 ex. GST $64.90 Incl. GST
Product Support Video
Teaching children to blend and segment syllables is an important step in building phonological and phonemic awareness (which in turn lead to strong literacy and reading skills). A program for 3-4 year olds, or for older students who require vocabulary development.
Designed by speech pathologists for use in schools and the home, this ready to use flip book provides everything that you need to instruct syllables while also extending vocabulary. The program:
- Provides scripted instructions and clear guidelines.
- Targets the semantic/vocabulary groups: fruit, Australian animals, things people wear, food, colours and shapes.
- Includes a ‘progress check’ assessment, so that when the screen is used in conjunction with the program, the program aims to maximise early intervention efforts.
- A note from the author, which provides a theoretical overview.
- Over 40 coloured cards, organised into the five semantic groups.
- A quick progress check/assessment to review skill development.
- A ‘no preparation’ required spiral bound A5 gloss coloured card flip book.
This product is also available in eBook format here.
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Sound and letter knowledge - phonemic awareness (sounds of language) - recognises rhymes, syllables and sounds (phonemes) in spoken words
You may also like…
Related Blog Posts
Stay up to date with the latest news, discussions
and views from the PLD Literacy team.