$65.00 ex. GST $71.50 Incl. GST
A program to develop single word decoding and spelling skills for students operating at Stage 1. Games and tasks for targeted small groups and home programs.
For targeted small groups and home programs
- Single word phonic word attack skills require explicit instruction and repeated practice.
- Once single word skills are established, they are more likely to transfer across to written work.
- The program is designed for individuals or small groups of students who require repeated opportunities to consolidate stage
- 1 spelling and decoding.
- The stage 1 program is organised in four sections:
- Target 1: CVC
- Target 2: CVC with early phonic concepts sh, ch, th, oo, ee, ck
- Target 3 CCVC and CVCC words
- Target 4: phonic concepts such as ar, or, er, ai, oi
- The game-based activities provide multiple opportunities to rehearse word attack skills at a reading and spelling level.
This publication can be opened in full.
Step 1: Hover over the thumbnail of the cover.
Step 2: When VIEW appears, double click.
Step 3: Scroll through and view the entire publication.
This publication is mentioned within the ‘Whole School Literacy Strategy’ booklet on page 9.
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Expressing and developing ideas - Spelling - Know that regular one syllable words are made up of letters and common letter clusters that correspond to the sounds heard, and how to use visual memory to write high frequency words
People also bought…
Stage 1 reading games
$169.00ex. GST $158.00 Incl. GST
The stage 1 games can be played over and over and enable students to rehearse and strengthen their spelling and reading skills. This pack contains: Stage 1 phonic bingo games Stage 1 decoding and spelling games Teaching the first 100 sight words
The stage 1 games can be played over and over and enable students to rehearse and strengthen their spelling and reading skills. This pack contains:
Teaching the first 100 sight words$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
Flash cards, games, assessments and display.
Designed by a Speech Pathologist. Includes: Four explicit instruction strategies are applied to the first 100 sight words. Methods for whole class and small group
Phonic & sight word sequence$65.00 ex. GST $71.50 Incl. GST
Outlining the relationship between letters and sounds.
Designed by a Speech Pathologist, this resource is essentially a planning document for scheduling graded spelling lists for 5 to 11 year olds within a
Stage 1 phonic charts$35.00 ex. GST $38.50 Incl. GST
A resource designed for students aged 5-7 years of age or at a stage 1 level representing the phonic and sound structure of words.
The charts can be utilised for the purpose of display or as flash cards. Each set, extends phonic knowledge, whilst highlighting the sound structure and