$59.00 ex. GST $64.90 Incl. GST
A phonemic awareness segmentation program, designed to prepare children for spelling.
- Phonemic awareness is strongly associated with early literacy achievement.
- Within this program, the phonemic awareness skill of segmentation is targeted. Segmentation represents an immediate precursor to spelling ability.
- The colour card sets form the basis of short explicit instruction sessions.
- The scripted instructions provide clear guidelines on how to effectively teach segmentation.
- When this program is used in conjunction with screening (within the final page of the booklet) this program forms a significant component in a school’s preventative/early intervention strategy.
- A no-preparation required spiral bound A5 full colour flip book.
- Introduction/Note from the author.
- Over 40 coloured picture which develop the skill of segmentation.
- Each card has specific scripted instructions.
- A progress check/skill assessment to review readiness for spelling.
- Aim for 2-3 minutes of segmenting several times a day.
This product is also available in eBook format here.
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Sound and letter knowledge - Phonemic awareness (sounds of language) - Recognise rhymes, syllables and sounds (phonemes) in spoken words
You may also like…
Related Blog Posts
Stay up to date with the latest news, discussions
and views from the PLD Literacy team.