$59.00 ex. GST $64.90 Incl. GST
A phonemic awareness segmentation program, designed to prepare children for spelling.
- Phonemic awareness is strongly associated with early literacy achievement.
- Within this program, the phonemic awareness skill of segmentation is targeted. Segmentation represents an immediate precursor to spelling ability.
- The colour card sets form the basis of short explicit instruction sessions.
- The scripted instructions provide clear guidelines on how to effectively teach segmentation.
- When this program is used in conjunction with screening (within the final page of the booklet) this program forms a significant component in a school’s preventative/early intervention strategy.
- A no-preparation required spiral bound A5 full colour flip book.
- Introduction/Note from the author.
- Over 40 coloured picture which develop the skill of segmentation.
- Each card has specific scripted instructions.
- A progress check/skill assessment to review readiness for spelling.
- Aim for 2-3 minutes of segmenting several times a day.
This product is also available in eBook format here.
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Sound and letter knowledge - Phonemic awareness (sounds of language) - Recognise rhymes, syllables and sounds (phonemes) in spoken words
Related Blog Posts
Stay up to date with the latest news, discussions
and views from the PLD Literacy team.