$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
In stock (can be backordered)
Introducing CVC Spelling into the early years.
Designed by Speech Pathologists for use in schools.
- Early spelling concepts are introduced in progressive steps.
- The cards are based upon PLD’s ‘structured synthetic phonics’ (SSP) approach.
- Multiple cards focus on each spelling concept to accommodate ample opportunities to rehearse.
- Cards target: sh, ch, th, oo (long sound), oo (short sound) ee, ck, CCVC and CVCC words.
- The instruction outlines three different ways to present the learning activity.
The single word spelling cards contained in this resource are divided into 8 progressive steps:
- STEP 1: sh cards (Example: shed, rash, shut, cash, ship, lash)
- STEP 2: ch cards (Example: chug, chin, rich, chop, chat, chip)
- STEP 3: th cards (Example: thin, three, them, that, this, with)
- STEP 4: long and short oo cards (Example: moon, root, hoop, boot, book, wood)
- STEP 5: ee cards (Example: jeep, reef, heel, deep, feed, peep)
- STEP 6: ck cards (Example: lock, kick, sack, back, suck, sock)
- STEP 7: CCVC word cards (Example: twin, drop, plum, flag, slip, twig)
- STEP 8: CVCC word cards (Example: tusk, gift, gold, wind, lamp, left)
National Curriculum Statement Click to reveal
Expressing and developing ideas - Spelling - Know that spoken sounds and words can be written down using letters of the alphabet and how to write some high-frequency sight words and know words.
People also bought…
Synthetic phonics flip book – Stage 1$59.00 ex. GST $64.90 Incl. GST
Developing the relationship between letters & sounds.
Designed by speech pathologists for use in schools. The flip book is based upon PLD’s‘ structured synthetic phonics’(SSP) approach. Consolidates stage 1 concepts, before presenting
Wikki stix, bulk pak b192$29.55 ex. GST $32.50 Incl. GST
A supplementary resource suitable to use with certain PLD resources.
Wikki Stix are made of yarn and food-grade non toxic wax. They have been manufactured in the USA for over twenty years. Slightly tacky, they
Teaching the first 25 sight words$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
Flash cards, games, assessments and display.
Designed by a Speech Pathologist. Includes: Four explicit instruction strategies are applied to the first 25 sight words. Methods for whole class and small group
First Writing Activities$75.00 ex. GST $82.50 Incl. GST
Introducing writing tasks into the early childhood years.
Designed by speech pathologists for students in the junior primary. A large range of writing genres are designed to move students from ‘role-play’ writing into