Early Years Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 1
This booklet outlines key information to be provided to parents, caregivers and the wider community within semester one. Children benefit when home and school work together. To support this, PLD offers an extensive range of parent milestone information sheets and videos. These resources are ideal to be disseminated to parents and the wider community through […]
This booklet outlines key information to be provided to parents, caregivers and the wider community within semester one. Children benefit when home and school work
Recommended Picture Books to Read to 4 Year Olds
A recommended reading book list that promotes the development of oral language skills in children aged 4 years old.
The books in this guide outline quality age-appropriate recommendations only and do not align with specific PLD programs. The lists have been created by speech
Oral Language Concept Development – Ages 2 – 6
A milestone and information sheet which outlines the timeline for developing oral language concepts in children aged 2 to 6 years.
Speech Sound Development – Ages 3 to 8
The milestone poster/sheet details the age related milestones for speech sound development in children aged 3 to 8 years.
Many parents, early childhood workers and teachers will wonder if a child speech is normal. Most children’s speech becomes clearer gradually as they hear and
Speech and Language Development Milestones – 4 years old
This milestone poster/sheet details the speech and language development milestones for children within the early years (0 to 4 years of age). Includes tips for home and causes for concern. Click to download separate milestone lists below.
Designed by speech and language pathologists, the speech and language milestone sheets provide a list of typical milestones that should be attained by specific ages. In the event that a child is not demonstrating what is expected for their age, it is recommended that a speech pathologist is consulted. The sheets also include specific causes for concern and suggestions for parents within the home.
While PLD no longer offers a clinic, the following download may be useful when seeking specific information from the school or the early childhood service for the speech pathologist: Observations of a student to accompany a referral to a SP. The following implementation booklet outlines how PLD speech pathology designed programs can be applied to schools. Refer to pages 7, 11, 12 and 18.
- 3 years old with accompanying parent education video
- 4 years old with accompanying parent education video
- 5 years old with accompanying parent education video
- 6 years old with accompanying parent education video
- 7 years old with accompanying parent education video
- 8 years old with accompanying parent education video
Additional parent education playlists are located at: https://www.youtube.com/user/pldliteracy/playlists
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Essential Early Years Literacy Starter Pack
An Early Years Literacy essential resource bundle for teachers and parents.
By the end of the Early Years the average child should have strong initial sound (or phoneme) awareness, knowledge of at least half of the
$283.00 – $359.70
Essential Early Years Oral Language Starter Pack
A complete Oral Langage resource bundle for Early Years parents and teachers.
In the Early Years, vocabularies are growing daily, sentences are becoming longer and the children’s sense of wonder about the world around them grows. As
$260.00 – $330.00
Ultimate Literacy & Oral Language Early Years PLD Starter Pack
The essential resources you need for Early Years Literacy, Oral Language and Movement and Motor.
The Early Years (Ages 3 & 4) are a significant period in a child’s development. Here at PLD, we believe that it is essential for
$543.00 – $689.70