Early Years Teaching Sequence Manual
The Early Years Teaching Sequence Manual outlines what to teach and when to teach it sequence over a full year for Literacy, Oral Language and Movement & Motor. The manual provides week-by-week guidelines including professional development options and essential PLD evidence-based programs. Keep in mind that it may be appropriate for schools to adapt the […]
The Early Years Teaching Sequence Manual outlines what to teach and when to teach it sequence over a full year for Literacy, Oral Language and
Early Years Screening & Tracking Manual
The Early Years Screening & Tracking Manual outlines step-by-step instructions including what and when to screen, the materials required, time allocations and discontinue rules. We recommended that the screens are administered following a solid period of repeated targeted instruction as outlined in the PLD Early Years Teaching Sequence Manual. In this way, the screens function as […]
The Early Years Screening & Tracking Manual outlines step-by-step instructions including what and when to screen, the materials required, time allocations and discontinue rules. We recommended
Early Years Programs & Resources Price List
This document provides a summary of the evidence-based programs and training options for classrooms in the Early Years. This list can be used in conjunction with the Early Years Teaching Sequence Manual to select the items best suited for use within schools. Schools that are new to PLD or considering transitioning to an evidence-based Structured […]
This document provides a summary of the evidence-based programs and training options for classrooms in the Early Years. This list can be used in conjunction
Early Years Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 1
This booklet outlines key information to be provided to parents, caregivers and the wider community within semester one. Children benefit when home and school work together. To support this, PLD offers an extensive range of parent milestone information sheets and videos. These resources are ideal to be disseminated to parents and the wider community through newsletters, websites and general communication.
– The BLUE sheets have been written by speech pathologists.
– The RED sheets have been written by occupational therapists.
– The GREEN sheets have been written by educators.
What to do if Concerned about a Child’s Development?
Children need time to settle into the new educational setting. However, beyond Term 1 if children are operating below their age-matched peers, it is recommended that home and school work together to access support services, in order to cater for the learning needs of the child. Research clearly states that the earlier intervention commences the better the outcomes for the child. If children have difficulties within the oral language or pre-literacy realm, consult a Speech Pathologist. If children have difficulties relating to movement and motor skills, consult an Occupational Therapist. PLD no longer operates a clinic and are unable to provide advice or recommendations for individual children.
Download the Parent Education Manuals for other year levels:
- Early Years Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 2
- Foundation Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 1
- Foundation Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 2
- Year 1 & 2 Parent Education Sheets and Downloads
This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:Books: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/plds-printed-electronic-materials-how-can-they-be-used-can-i-share-them-with-a-friendcolleague-9lk4y/
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Ultimate Literacy & Oral Language Early Years PLD Starter Pack
$543.00 – $689.70
The essential resources you need for Early Years Literacy, Oral Language and Movement and Motor.
The Early Years (Ages 3 & 4) are a significant period in a child’s development. Here at PLD, we believe that it is essential for
Essential Early Years Literacy Starter Pack
$283.00 – $359.70
An Early Years Literacy essential resource bundle for teachers and parents.
By the end of the Early Years the average child should have strong initial sound (or phoneme) awareness, knowledge of at least half of the
Essential Early Years Oral Language Starter Pack
$260.00 – $330.00
A complete Oral Langage resource bundle for Early Years parents and teachers.
In the Early Years, vocabularies are growing daily, sentences are becoming longer and the children’s sense of wonder about the world around them grows. As