$140.00 ex. GST $130.90 Incl. GST
Together the two resources form the basis of a junior primary synthetic phonics spelling programs.
Spelling Activities for the Junior Primary
- Junior Primary spelling activities resource (which incorporates synthetic phonics and linguistic theory).
- Three levels of each template aim to cater for the range in ability (i.e. delayed, average and advanced students) evident in classrooms..
- The activity templates are ready to photocopy.
- A key resource when establishing a spelling program.
- Assessment points are located at the base of each sheet (for students, a peer or teachers to rate task performance).
- An ideal compliment to PLD’s Phonic Sight Word Sequence.
Phonic & sight word sequence
Outlining the relationship between letters and sounds
- A structured scope and sequence for primary schools, outlining phonic concepts, reading and spelling words.
- Stages 1, 2 and 3 primarily outline structured synthetic phonics content along with common bound morpheme suffixes.
- Stages 4, 5 and 6 are comprised of structured synthetic plus more sophisticated word attack skills such as spelling based upon syllables, prefixes, suffixes and morphemes.
- Placement tests, term reviews and short investigations when students are slow to progress are included.
- Guidelines for the explicit teaching of sight words are contained within the Appendix.