Together the two resources form the basis of a junior primary synthetic phonics spelling programs.
Spelling Activities for the Junior Primary
- Junior Primary spelling activities resource (which incorporates synthetic phonics and linguistic theory).
- Three levels of each template aim to cater for the range in ability (i.e. delayed, average and advanced students) evident in classrooms..
- The activity templates are ready to photocopy.
- A key resource when establishing a spelling program.
- Assessment points are located at the base of each sheet (for students, a peer or teachers to rate task performance).
- An ideal compliment to PLD’s Phonic Sight Word Sequence.
Phonic & sight word sequence
Outlining the relationship between letters and sounds
- A structured scope and sequence for primary schools, outlining phonic concepts, reading and spelling words.
- Stages 1, 2 and 3 primarily outline structured synthetic phonics content along with common bound morpheme suffixes.
- Stages 4, 5 and 6 are comprised of structured synthetic plus more sophisticated word attack skills such as spelling based upon syllables, prefixes, suffixes and morphemes.
- Placement tests, term reviews and short investigations when students are slow to progress are included.
- Guidelines for the explicit teaching of sight words are contained within the Appendix.
People also bought…
Essential Low Entry Year 1 and 2 Starter Pack
Supporting students entering Year 1 and 2 with low Literacy skills.
When students enter Year 1 and 2 with very low literacy skills it can be very confronting for teachers. While some students can be assigned
Essential Year 2 Literacy Starter Pack
Year 2 Literacy resource bundle to reach end of year targets.
By the end of Year 2, students should have progressed enough to accurately and fluently read and spell Stage 2 words and a percentage of
Essential Year 1 Literacy Starter Pack
Key Literacy resources for Year 1 teachers including spelling, dictation, phonic sight words and more
By the end of Year 1, students should have progressed from decodable reading books and be able to accurately and fluently read and spell Stage
Essential Year 1 and 2 Oral Language Starter Pack
A complete Year 1 and 2, Oral Language program
By the end of Year 1, children need to be able to: Generate complex sentences for writing Demonstrate inferential, predictive and evaluative comprehension ability Building