PLD’s Decodable Reading Books Catalogue
Decodable readers present text that can be read using the decoding skills students have acquired. In the context of reading, students are then able to practice the phonic concepts that have been taught explicitly and systematically. For age-appropriate Foundation students, PLD recommends the introduction of decodable reading books within Term 2. Decodable reading books should […]
Decodable readers present text that can be read using the decoding skills students have acquired. In the context of reading, students are then able to
PLD’s Whole School Literacy Plan
The document outlines how to implement PLD’s literacy, Movement and Motor and Oral Language resources during the Early Years, Foundation, Year 1 & 2 and across Years 3 to 6. Each page provides suggested time frames and implementation recommendations.
The purpose of this document is to provide an implementation outline to assist schools in scheduling the PLD programs within a broad school-based strategy. When
Year 1 & 2 Early Reading Screen
The Early Reading Screen presents an evidence-based alternative to whole-language reading assessments
The Year 1 & 2 Early Reading Screen is a quick single-word reading assessment. It presents words that gradually increase in length and phonic complexity.
Early Reading Screen – Foundation
Tracking the emergence of early decoding and word reading.
The Early Reading Screen – Foundation is designed to track the emergence of decoding and word reading. The screen can be used to track skill
Year 1 – Semester 2 – Storage & Organisation Labels for Decodable Reading Books
To be assigned to reading books from PLD reading book series and other compatible decodable series. The application of labels to the spines of each home and targeted home reading book is recommended as the labels highlight the reading book levels and their content.
Applying the Label
- Cut along the dotted line.
- Apply the label to the spine of the book, folding in the middle. Cover with contact.
You can download each individual set below:
- Foundation – Semester 1
- Foundation – Semester 2
- Year 1 – Semester 1
- Year 1 – Semester 2
- Year 1 & 2 – Catch Up Junior Reading Books
- Years 3 – 6 – Catch Up Middle & Upper Reading Books
PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/
People who viewed this also viewed...
Fiction Group Reading Books Set 4 – Year 1 Semester 2
Set of 60 (10 titles, 6 of each) Stage 1 & 2 phonic concepts and further high frequency words
The 6 titles modern and engaging decodable reading books in this set align with the PLD’s evidence-based Structured Synthetic Phonics program. These group reading books$630.00
Fiction Group Reading Books Set 3 – Year 1 Semester 1
Set of 60 (10 titles, 6 of each) Stage 1 Target 2 & Target 4 phonic concepts, along with further high frequency words
The 6 titles modern and engaging decodable reading books in this set align with the PLD’s evidence-based Structured Synthetic Phonics program. These group reading books$600.00
Home Reading Books (Set 4) – Year 1 Semester 2
29 Decodable CVC, CCVC & CVCC Home Reading Books with Stage 1 Target 2 & 4 phonic concepts with further high frequency words
The 29 modern and engaging decodable reading books in this set align with the PLD’s evidence-based Structured Synthetic Phonics program. These take-home reading books have$290.00
Home Reading Books (Set 3) – Year 1 Semester 1
30 Decodable Home Reading Books with further high frequency words and Stage 1 Target 2 and Target 4 phonic concepts
The 30 modern and engaging decodable reading books in this set align with the PLD’s evidence-based Structured Synthetic Phonics program. These take-home reading books have$285.00