$108.18 ex. GST $119.00 Incl. GST
This course includes over 2 hours of video content and over 240 slides you can refer to during the course and download so you can refer to them later.
Here’s an outline of what the course is about:
- Each classroom has a range in ability. The course outlines a process which enables teachers learn to be comfortable with the range in ability, and flexible enough to devise a process that matches student ability.
- The first step is assessing the class. A simple time efficient non-standardised spelling test is provided. It identifies the gaps in knowledge and/or the level at which students are currently at.
- On the basis of the results (and the range in ability) next a synthetic phonics approach is outlined which aims to deliver significant spelling and phonics skill development.
NOTE: If you would like to purchase a single user licence, please sign up for the course here to gain immediate access.
The 6 week course consists of:
- Week 1: Screening to establish the range in ability within a junior primary class.
- Week 2: The marking/analysis of the student spelling tests, to establish ability groups and to focus your teaching.
- Week 3: Introduction to Synthetic Phonics – Quality learning activities drawing upon the class profile.
- Week 4: Establishing a weekly spelling process in which three groups can be facilitated.
- Week 5: Frequently Asked Questions – e.g. How many spelling words? How and when do spelling groups get reviewed? Suggestions for spelling tests? How do sight words relate to synthetic phonics?
- Week 6: Using the class profile to expand the process beyond spelling & students who are progressing slowly.
MULTI USER DISCOUNTS NOW AVAILABLE
If you purchase more than one online course licence at one time you now receive a scaled discount.
2 to 5 User Licences – 10% discount per licence
6 to 10 User Licences – 15% discount per licence
11 to 20 User Licences – 25% discount per licence
21 to 50 User Licences – 35% discount per licence
51 to 100 User Licences – 50% discount per licence
100 + User Licences – please send an enquiry to [email protected] for a quote specific to your needs.
NOTE: Upon purchasing this course you will receive an e-mail within 48 hours with your login credentials and details on how to access the course. You will have 3 months to register for the course and once registered, you will have full access to the course for 90 days.
If you have any questions about this online course or anything else to do with PLD, please take a look at our FAQ here.