This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
Foundation Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 2
This booklet outlines key information to be provided to parents, caregivers and the wider community within semester one. Children benefit when home and school work together. To support this, PLD offers an extensive range of parent milestone information sheets and videos. These resources are ideal to be disseminated to parents and the wider community through newsletters, websites and general communication.
– The BLUE sheets have been written by speech pathologists.
– The RED sheets have been written by occupational therapists.
– The GREEN sheets have been written by educators.
What to do if Concerned about a Student’s Development?
If students are operating below their year level peers, it is recommended that home and school work together to access support services, in order to cater for the learning needs of the child. Research clearly states that the earlier intervention commences the better the outcomes for the child. If students have difficulties within the oral language or literacy realm, consult a Speech Pathologist. If students have difficulties relating to movement and motor skills, consult an Occupational Therapist. PLD no longer operates a clinic and are unable to provide advice or recommendations for individual students.
Download the Parent Education Manuals for other year levels:
- Early Years Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 1
- Early Years Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 2
- Foundation Parent Education Sheets and Downloads – Semester 1
- Year 1 & 2 Parent Education Sheets and Downloads
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:Books: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/plds-printed-electronic-materials-how-can-they-be-used-can-i-share-them-with-a-friendcolleague-9lk4y/
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/