PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Sound Wall Charts for Foundation (Subscription)
Year Level: School Licenses, Foundation
$135.00 (inc. $12.27 GST)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
A multi-sensory approach to learning alphabet sounds through listening, seeing and saying.
What are the features of PLD’s Sound Wall Charts?
Teaching the 44 speech sounds of the English language requires accurate modelling and articulation, pedagogy that sound walls support. The PLD sound wall charts focus on the phonemes (or individual sounds) of speech and link to the PLD scheduled phonic sequence. Each phoneme-specific chart features:
- Charts focused upon the phonemes and phonics for an Early Years class.
- The corresponding visual of a mouth.
- A simple description (e.g. tongue tapping sound, lip popping sound, peeking tongue sound, coughing or huffing sound)
- A detailed description.
- Icons identifying if the phoneme is a long or short, quiet or noisy, or vowel or consonant sound.
- Areas to add words (making the charts interactive rather than static).
- The related phonic concepts for each year level.
What is a sound wall display?
A sound wall is an interactive display of phonic concepts and words that is organised by and/or emphasises individual sounds (phonemes). Commonly there is one wall for consonants and one for vowels.
Sound walls focus on the formation of phonemes which gives young students a structure that helps them understand the foundation of language and written literacy. As we know from current research about the science of reading, children learn to read through the application of orthographic mapping, a speech-to-print process where letters are mapped to known speech sounds. Teachers need to harness this modern understanding by using sound wall displays as a teaching and learning tool in their classrooms to support the process of learning to read and spell.
Other Sound Wall Charts Pack:
- Sound Wall Charts for the Early Years (26 A4 coloured charts which focus on the alphabet)
- Sound Wall Charts for Foundation (42 A4 coloured charts which focus on the alphabet and Stage 1 digraphs)
- Sound Wall Charts for Year 1 (49 A4 coloured charts which focus on Stage 1 & Stage 2 digraphs)
- Sound Wall Charts for Year 2 & 3 (71 A4 coloured charts which focus on Stage 1, Stage 2 & Stage 3 digraphs)
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/