PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Phonic flash cards – Stage 1-4 (Subscription)
Year Level: Foundation, Year 1 & 2, Years 3 to 6
$165.00 (inc. $15.00 GST)
This is a PLD Whole School License resource.
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our Whole School Licence FAQ.
Strengthening the relationship between letters and sounds
Flash cards are a powerful instructional tool, not only are they an effective way to present, practise, consolidate and revise concepts at a whole class, small group or individual student level, but they also cater for the range of ability that presents in any class. Within Phonic flash cards, a wide selection of phonic concepts have been included making it a practical and handy resource.
For many classes, a proportion of students will present with advanced skills, a proportion will present with average or age-appropriate skills and a proportion will present with delayed skills. The students of greatest concern will be the students operating below the level of their peers. It is this group that will also require the greatest levels of on-going revision and consolidation. With this in mind, PLD have created Phonic Flash cards. One side of the flash cards are coloured and provide students with picture prompts. The other side lists the phonic concept without any supports. The resource also includes phonic concepts for the alphabet in stages 1-4.
How can Phonic flash cards be used in the classroom?
- The traditional application, card flipping: The phonic concepts that have been covered in spelling lists can then be easily revised by collecting the associated phonic flash cards, hole punching the corners and placing them onto a metal ring. The specifically selected set of cards can be presented in an organised and time efficient manner.
- Mount the flash cards on the wall for display: The display of the cards on a classroom wall creates an attractive wall frieze and thereby a phonic reference point for the students to source when engaged in written tasks.
- Incorporate the flash cards into games: As a supplement to phonic-based spelling lists the flash cards can be incorporated into activities. This will help students be more curious and engaged in the task and thereby more likely to remember the concepts represented on the cards.
Generous discounts apply for bulk orders
- 5 to 9 copies – 15% discount applies
- 10+ copies – 20% discount applies
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/