PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Phonic Dictation – Stage 4 (Subscription)
Year Level: Years 3 to 6
$225.01 (inc. $20.46 GST)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
Learning to apply phonic knowledge to writing tasks.
What happens when the correct spelling of test words does not transfer to writing? Students often write words correctly in spelling tests but struggle when applying their new knowledge to written work? As a general rule, students require many opportunities to rehearse their skills in contexts of increasing complexity. Phonic Dictation – Stage 4 focuses on a variety of spelling and phonics concepts. As students complete the dictation tasks, they are faced with the challenge of applying their recently acquired spelling concepts to the rewriting of passages. The presentation of regular phonic dictation sessions enables students to rehearse transferring spelling concepts to their writing.
Dictation tasks require minimal preparation but produce significant gains in all areas of literacy. When presented on a regular basis, dictation tasks hold the potential to produce a significant increase in a range of areas. Dictation improves the following skills in students:
- auditory memory
Most importantly, dictation assists in the translation of spelling list words to students’ self-generated writing. The short presentation formats outline dictation only, the extended formats provide reading, editing and writing tasks.
Phonic Dictation – Stage 4 focuses on:
Revision of Phonic Dictation – Stage 3 phonic concepts.
Phonemic spelling strategy and phonic concepts (e.g. igh, -y, i-e, tch, dge, ge ea as ‘e’.)
Onset and rime spelling strategy and phonic concepts (e.g. ace, ice, air.)
Syllabic spelling strategy and phonic concepts (e.g. ph, ble, qu, be.)
The other programs within the range include:
Phonic Dictation – Stage 1
Phonic Dictation – Stage 2
Phonic Dictation – Stage 3
Phonic Dictation – Stage 5
Phonic Dictation – Stage 6
Phonic Dictation – Full Set
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/