This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
Phonic Bingo Games – Stage 1 (Subscription)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
At PLD, we believe the early attainment of decoding skill is important because this early skill accurately predicts later skills in the areas of word recognition and reading comprehension. Extensive research reports that children who get off to a slow start rarely become strong readers. Hence, students who learn to efficiently decode early will likely continue to improve in their reading ability. In comparison, the students that have poorly developed early decoding skills will tend to become increasingly distanced from the able readers.
By embedding specifically levelled reading words within Phonic Bingo Games – Stage 1, students are provided with a motivating method of skill development. For the students who require repeated practice in order to master phonic decoding, the games allow for this rehearsal. The bright and engaging phonic-bingo games have been designed to target 11 levels of early reading words:
- Game 1: CVC words incorporating only 6 alphabet sounds.
- Game 2: CVC words incorporating basically half of the alphabet.
- Game 3: CVC words incorporating three-quarters of the alphabet.
- Game 4: CVC words incorporating the entire alphabet.
- Game 5: Words incorporating sh, ch and th.
- Game 6: Words incorporating oo, ee and ck.
- Game 7: CCVC words (i.e. incorporating initial consonant clusters).
- Game 8: CVCC words (i.e. incorporating final consonant clusters).
- Game 9: Words incorporating ar, or and er.
- Game 10: Words incorporating ai and ay.
- Game 11: Words incorporating oy and oi.
It is hoped that your students enjoy their phonic-based game experience and that they benefit from strengthened decoding, word recognition, and spelling skills. As a versatile tool, the bingo games can be played over and over again with an adult or peers.
- 11 bingo games (A5 size: 148.5mm high x 210mm wide).
- Instruction cards
- Bingo games incorporate CVC words introduced in four letter sound groups, Phonic themes: sh, ch, th; oo, ee, ck, CCVC words and CVCC words, Phonic themes: ar, or, er; ay, ai and oy, oi.
This resource is mentioned in the Foundation Teaching Sequence Manual on page 11.
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:Books: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/plds-printed-electronic-materials-how-can-they-be-used-can-i-share-them-with-a-friendcolleague-9lk4y/
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/