PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Developing News Telling and Narrative Skills for 5 Year Olds (Subscription)
Year Level: Year 1 & 2
$206.25 (inc. $18.75 GST)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
Developing News Telling and Narrative Skills is an instruction manual with explicit details on how to develop show and tell, activity retells and news telling for 5 year olds
As children enter school as five-year-olds they continue to make the steps that move them from conversations to literate language. This can be a daunting step for all involved but Developing News Telling and Narrative Skills is designed to make the journey easier. The strategies used in this book are linked to later developing narrative skills, just as pre-literacy skills are the foundation skills for spelling and reading development. It is critical that teachers and parents assist children in the development of language and narrative skills as they are a crucial component and predictor of later interpretative reading and writing success.
Developing News Telling and Narrative Skills attempts to break down news and early narrative skills into simple sequential steps for teachers and parents to follow with children. The program trains parents and teachers to identify where children need to develop and strengthen their skills and presents specific techniques and supports to do so. The program provides simple activities and visual cues that are designed to be incorporated into classroom and home environments utilising activities that occur every day.
The program provides:
- assessment and monitoring procedures
- planning and programming supports
- visual supports and activity ideas
- techniques and strategies to develop and accelerate language skills.
News telling is a challenge for students and teachers, however, practice is the key and the more students are exposed to the language associated with telling news the more their expressive language will improve.
The programs within the range include:
Early Years Programs:
Year 1 & 2 Program:
Year 3, 4, 5 & 6 Program
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:Books: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/plds-printed-electronic-materials-how-can-they-be-used-can-i-share-them-with-a-friendcolleague-9lk4y/
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/