This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
Decoding and Spelling Games – Stage 1 (Subscription)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
A program to develop single word decoding and spelling skills for students operating at Stage 1. Games and tasks for targeted small groups and home programs.
- Single word phonic word attack skills require explicit instruction and repeated practice.
- Once single word skills are established, they are more likely to transfer across to written work.
- The program is designed for individuals or small groups of students who require repeated opportunities to consolidate stage 1 spelling and decoding.
- The stage 1 program is organised into four sections:
- Target 1: CVC
- Target 2: CVC with early phonic concepts sh, ch, th, oo, ee, ck
- Target 3: CCVC and CVCC words
- Target 4: Phonic concepts such as ar, or, er, ai, oi
- The game-based activities provide multiple opportunities to rehearse word attack skills at a reading and spelling level.
The programs within the range include:
Copyright: PLD printed materials belong solely to the authorised purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD printed materials can not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. A quick FAQ on how you can and can't use PLD printed materials can be found HERE.
Copyright: For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks can not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.