This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
Comprehension Questions for 3 Year Olds (Subscription)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
A home or school picture book program for 3 year olds.
From the age of two, children should have a vocabulary of approximately 50 words and a sentence length of 2 to 3 words. Put simply, from a young age children should be very verbal. More importantly, they should love to engage with their peers and adults. Therefore, the ability to understand questions is critical for participation in social interactions and success across all curriculum areas. Comprehension Questions for 3 Year Olds has been developed as an essential resource for Oral Language Development. At this age, the level of questions are literal and based on what is in front of the child. For example: What is it? What part is this called? Who is this? Find one like this? What colour/size/shape is it? What does it taste/feel/smell like?
Designed for teachers and parents for use in schools, daycare and in the home this program provides parents and teachers of 3 year olds with:
- Lists of developmentally appropriate picture books and comprehension questions.
Samples of 3 year old age appropriate answers and samples of inadequate 3 year old answers.
Techniques and strategies to implement when a child provides an inadequate answer.
- An instruction booklet that outlines how the resource can be presented to a whole class, small groups or individual home setting.
- 35 cards that model appropriate questions and responses for the books listed in the Recommended Books For 3 year Olds such as ‘Spot Can Count’, ‘My Pet’, ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’, and ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’
- Following repeated reading of picture books the cards outline a collection of questions to be presented.
- The questions focus primarily upon Blank (level 1 and 2 questions).
- Two easy to administer progress checks; are included, to check on the acquisition of comprehension questioning ability.
The other programs within the range include:
This product is mentioned in the Early Years Teaching Sequence Manual on page 9.
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:Books: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/plds-printed-electronic-materials-how-can-they-be-used-can-i-share-them-with-a-friendcolleague-9lk4y/
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/