This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
Comprehension Questions for 3 Year Olds (Subscription)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
A home or school picture book program for 3 year olds.
From the age of two, children should have a vocabulary of approximately 50 words and a sentence length of 2 to 3 words. Put simply, from a young age children should be very verbal. More importantly, they should love to engage with their peers and adults. Therefore, the ability to understand questions is critical for participation in social interactions and success across all curriculum areas. Comprehension Questions for 3 Year Olds has been developed as an essential resource for Oral Language Development. At this age, the level of questions are literal and based on what is in front of the child. For example: What is it? What part is this called? Who is this? Find one like this? What colour/size/shape is it? What does it taste/feel/smell like?
Designed for teachers and parents for use in schools, daycare and in the home this program provides parents and teachers of 3 year olds with:
- Lists of developmentally appropriate picture books and comprehension questions.
Samples of 3 year old age appropriate answers and samples of inadequate 3 year old answers.
Techniques and strategies to implement when a child provides an inadequate answer.
- An instruction booklet that outlines how the resource can be presented to a whole class, small groups or individual home setting.
- 35 cards that model appropriate questions and responses for the books listed in the Recommended Books For 3 year Olds such as ‘Spot Can Count’, ‘My Pet’, ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’, and ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’
- Following repeated reading of picture books the cards outline a collection of questions to be presented.
- The questions focus primarily upon Blank (level 1 and 2 questions).
- Two easy to administer progress checks; are included, to check on the acquisition of comprehension questioning ability.
The other programs within the range include:
This product is mentioned in the Early Years Teaching Sequence Manual on page 9.
Copyright: PLD printed materials belong solely to the authorised purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD printed materials can not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. A quick FAQ on how you can and can't use PLD printed materials can be found HERE.
Copyright: For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks can not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.