PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
Alphabet the Multi Sensory Way – Foundation Font (Subscription)
Year Level: Early Years, Foundation
$225.00 (inc. $20.45 GST)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
A program for 4-6 year olds, incorporating Stage 1 phonic concepts.
Students require alphabetic and phonic knowledge in order to embark on the process of learning to read, spell and write. However, rather than letter naming ability, sound knowledge is more important for entry into literacy learning.
Not only are alphabet sounds more important for early literacy, but alphabetic sound ability is more difficult for students to acquire. For this reason and designed by Speech Pathologists for teachers and parents, Alphabet the Multi Sensory Way aims to establish strong alphabet and phonic sound ability. Within this program for 4 to 6 year olds, a multi-sensory approach to teaching the alphabetic and phonic sounds has been adopted:
Students kinaesthetically feel what their mouth is doing when they produce the alphabet and phonic sounds.
Students see what their mouths look like when their mouths produce the alphabet and phonic sounds (via the visual representation of the mouth on each page).
Students also visually connect a core picture/word with the alphabet and phonic sounds (e.g. ‘mix’, ‘teeth’ and ‘snake’).
From an auditory (and phonemic awareness) perspective students identify the initial sounds in simple target words (e.g. teeth starts with a ‘t’).
Students move and rehearse a basic action associated with each target picture (which also engages a kinaesthetic dimension).
The order of presentation is:
Group 1: s, a, t, p, i, n
Group 2: c, h, e, r, m, d
Group 3: g, o, u, l, f, b
Group 4: j, z, x, y, k, q, w, v
Group 5: sh, ch, th/th, oo/oo, ee, ck
Group 6: ay, or, ar, er.ai, oy, (i)ng, oi, all
This flip book incorporating Stage 1 phonic concepts features:
Simple to use format.
Card sets explicitly teach the alphabet and phonic sounds.
Students feel their mouth making the sounds.
A body action is outlined for each sound.
An effective and engaging way to teach the alphabet and phonic sounds.
This product is mentioned in the Early Years Teaching Sequence Manual on page 6 and the Foundation Teaching Sequence Manual on page 7. This resource is also available in a cursive font.
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/