PLD’s Alignment to the Australian National Curriculum
How does PLD align to the Australian National Curriculum?
In the attached download we have outlined where PLD applies to each year level, the content code and descriptor and the related PLD programs.
PLD’s Alignment with the Early Years Learning Framework
10 Minute Language Games – Set 2 (Subscription)
Year Level: School Licenses, Foundation, Year 1 & 2, Years 3 to 6
$245.00 (inc. $22.27 GST)
This is a PLD Whole School License resource.
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our Whole School Licence FAQ.
Developing vocabulary and the ability to speak in sentences.
Designed by speech pathologists for teachers and parents, 10 Minute Language Games – Set 2 for 4 to 6-year-olds presents numerous short fast-paced games and activities that are fun and engaging and which facilitate:
- Vocabulary expansion
- Practice retrieving theme-based vocabulary from children’s ‘mental dictionaries’
- The application of theme-based vocabulary to categorising and description tasks
- Examples of age-appropriate and non-age appropriate answers
Children with language and semantic delays will often have:
- Gaps in their vocabulary.
- Difficulty retrieving their vocabulary from their mental dictionaries. Children with vocabulary retrieval problems will inconsistently retrieve appropriate words (e.g. on occasions they will label ‘lion’ appropriately and on other occasions, the labels ‘tiger or leopard’ will be used.)
- Other children may demonstrate relatively age-appropriate vocabularies but are non- automatic in the retrieval of the appropriate words. These children typically require additional ‘think’ or processing time.
Activity 1 – Naming and Speaking in Single Words: The vocabulary-based games are fun and engaging ways to rehearse the labelling of common category based items.
Activity 2 – Sorting and Speaking in Short Sentences: In the sorting tasks children are given the opportunity to become familiar with the characteristics that best describe the pictured items.
Activity 3 – Describing and Connecting Several Sentences Together: In the describing tasks children are given the opportunity to give clues and therefore describe the pictured items.
Each theme has 3 activity cards and 24 colour vocabulary cards. We recommend introducing the themes in the following order: Fruit & Vegetables, Weather & Seasons, Animals, Under the Sea, Minibeasts & Occupations.
The programs within the range include:
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks must not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/