This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
10 Minute Language Games – Set 2 (Subscription)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
Designed by speech pathologists for teachers and parents, 10 Minute Language Games – Set 2 for 4 to 6-year-olds presents numerous short fast-paced games and activities that are fun and engaging and which facilitate:
- Vocabulary expansion
- Practice retrieving theme-based vocabulary from children’s ‘mental dictionaries’
- The application of theme-based vocabulary to categorising and description tasks
- Examples of age-appropriate and non-age appropriate answers
Children with language and semantic delays will often have:
- Gaps in their vocabulary.
- Difficulty retrieving their vocabulary from their mental dictionaries. Children with vocabulary retrieval problems will inconsistently retrieve appropriate words (e.g. on occasions they will label ‘lion’ appropriately and on other occasions, the labels ‘tiger or leopard’ will be used.)
- Other children may demonstrate relatively age-appropriate vocabularies but are non- automatic in the retrieval of the appropriate words. These children typically require additional ‘think’ or processing time.
Activity 1 – Naming and Speaking in Single Words: The vocabulary-based games are fun and engaging ways to rehearse the labelling of common category based items.
Activity 2 – Sorting and Speaking in Short Sentences: In the sorting tasks children are given the opportunity to become familiar with the characteristics that best describe the pictured items.
Activity 3 – Describing and Connecting Several Sentences Together: In the describing tasks children are given the opportunity to give clues and therefore describe the pictured items.
Each theme has 3 activity cards and 24 colour vocabulary cards. We recommend introducing the themes in the following order: Fruit & Vegetables, Weather & Seasons, Animals, Under the Sea, Minibeasts & Occupations.
The programs within the range include:
Copyright: PLD printed materials belong solely to the authorised purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD printed materials can not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. A quick FAQ on how you can and can't use PLD printed materials can be found HERE.
Copyright: For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks can not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.