Schools can adopt a WHOLE SCHOOL LITERACY STRATEGY with help from PLD Learning Consultancy Services. Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy and Education expertise contribute to the consultancy along with research, clinical experience and field experience. PLD Consultancy Services are positioned to maximise the learning potential of your students by providing your staff with the framework, resources and training for a successful implementation of a literacy and learning program.
School-Based Professional Development allows schools to educate whole bodies of staff at one time on your premises. PLD Consultancy will tailor our content to address the specific needs of an individual school.
School-Based Professional Development can be scheduled on a range of topics including:
- Establishing effective pre-literacy and early literacy programs in the classroom
- Review testing, documentation and tracking of children “educationally at risk” in the Junior Primary
- Defining the key skills associated with early learning success
- Provide a whole-school approach to teaching spelling
- Provide a whole-school approach to developing narrative skills
- Establishing or refining a Whole School Literacy Strategy
Click to find out about PLD’s booking procedure.
PLD Learning Consultancy also offers School-Based Coaching services to cater for an individual school’s requirements. Tailored coaching may include:
- Establishing specific programs for students with special education needs
- Demonstration of screening and intervention techniques
- Establishing early literacy, early intervention or learning difficulty policies
- Establishing or refining whole-school literacy policies
PLD’s Q&A Consultancy Sessions are hosted online using Skype, Google Hangouts, Join Me or via Video Conferencing.
The question and answer sessions provide small groups or whole staff the chance to seek and clarify information.