This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
PLD School Tracking Spreadsheet
Tracking student development in a time-efficient way is central to the PLD process. Through the timely term by term tracking, teachers will be able to determine the range in ability evident within the classroom. At PLD, we advocate for tracking from the Early Years to Year 6. To assist you with this process, we have provided Excel (and Google) sheets which have been prepared in the following manner:
- Tab 1 and 2 provide two options for tracking skill development in the Early Years.
- Tab 3, 4 and 5 provide options for tracking skill development within the Foundation school year.
- Tab 6 and 7 provide two options for Year 1 classes. Tab 7 is particularly relevant for Year 1 classes which have a significant proportion of students who are unable to read, spell and write.
- Following this are a range of Year 2-6 tracking sheets.
- Towards the end is a sheet that can be adapted to the remote sector (which typically have the added challenge of students who are unable to read, spell and write in regular classrooms).
- The final two spreadsheets relate to individual profiling of skills; ideal for Education Support pre-literacy and early literacy profiling.
The tracking sheets are designed to be adapted so that the layout matches the ‘2020 Whole School Literacy Plan for Australian Primary Schools’.
General guidelines for using the PLD excel spreadsheet student tracking process can be found on our support website HERE.
PLD also recommends annual end of year standardised screening. Rather than testing at the beginning and end of each school year, annual end of year screening is a recommended time-efficient approach. Following a full year of literacy instruction, the majority of students should increase in their reading and spelling ability by at least 12 months. To read more or download the Annual End of Year Reading (And/or/Spelling) Ages spreadsheets go HERE.
If you require further information:
- Diana is available on an hourly basis to meet with your literacy team either via Skype or in person. Bookings can be made here: https://pld-literacy.org/consultancy-enquiry/
- The PLD screening tools that are used to populate the Excel document are located within the 2018 version of the Phonic Sight Word Sequence (available here) and Pre and Early Literacy Screening Tools (available here). If you require any assistance with using Excel, you will need to source this training within your school community.
Copyright: PLD printed materials belong solely to the authorised purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD printed materials can not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. A quick FAQ on how you can and can't use PLD printed materials can be found HERE.
Copyright: For copyright purposes, every page of the PLD eBooks will be stamped with the name & email address provided by the purchaser at the time of order. PLD ebooks belong solely to the purchaser and may not be shared with colleagues, parents or anyone else. PLD eBooks can not be uploaded to school servers, intranets or online platforms. Schools wishing to license PLD eBooks can contact us HERE.