This item is a Download
Time efficient tracking student development is central to the PLD process. The PLD tracking delivered each term, should assist teachers to determine the range in ability evident within the classroom. PLD advocates tracking from the Early Years until Year 6. To assist this process, PLD supplies excel (and Google) sheets which have been prepared.
- Tab 1 and 2 provide two options for tracking skill development in the Early Years.
- Tab 3, 4 and 5 provide options for tracking skill development within the Foundation school year.
- Tab 6 and 7 provide two options for Year 1 classes. Tab 7 is particularly relevant for Year 1 classes which have a significant proportion of students who are unable to read, spell and write.
- Following this are a range of Year 2-6 tracking sheets.
- Towards the end is a sheet that can be adapted to the remote sector (which typically have the added challenge of students who are unable to read, spell and write in regular classrooms).
- The final two spread sheets relate to individual profiling of skills; ideal for Education Support pre-literacy and early literacy profiling.
The tracking sheets are designed to be adapted, so that the layout matches the ‘whole school literacy plan’.
General guidelines for using the PLD excel spread sheet student tracking process can be found HERE.
PLD also recommends annual end of year standardised screening. To read more on this go HERE.
If you require further information:
- Diana is available on an hourly basis to meet with your literacy team either via Skype or in person. Bookings can be made here: https://pld-literacy.org/consultancy-enquiry/
- The PLD screening tools that are used to populate the Excel document are located within the 2018 version of the Phonic Sight Word Sequence (available here) and Pre and Early Literacy Screening Tools (available here)
- If you require any assistance with using Excel, you will need to source this training within your school community.
This item can be found in these categories