This download outlines how PLD programs link to the ACARA National Curriculum year level content descriptions.
Phonic and Sight Word Sequence (Subscription)
This is a PLD School License resource
By purchasing this license, this program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that will be stored in your secure account on the PLD website. The program will be accessible as a digital flipbook that teachers can access on any device for as long as the license is active. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be shared with all staff employed at the school.
We highly recommend that either the Principal, Deputy Principal or a member of the admin team purchase the School Licence in order to manage the account and its users. For more information, visit our School Licence FAQ.
Outlining the relationship between letters and sounds.
By middle and upper primary, classes typically have a huge range in ability levels. Using the placement tests in Phonic and Sight Word Sequence levels are quickly established and class specific content can be devised. This best selling resource covers Foundation all the way through to Year 6 and provides teachers and parents with:
A structured whole-school scope and sequence for primary schools, outlining phonic concepts, spelling rules, morphology, reading and spelling words, sight words and assessments.
Termly reviews are provided for establishing the range in ability, for reviewing progress and for measurable data.
Stages 1, 2 and 3 primarily outline structured synthetic phonics content along with common bound morpheme suffixes.
Stages 4, 5 and 6 are comprised of structured synthetic plus more sophisticated word attack spelling based upon syllables, prefixes, suffixes, and morphemes.
Placement tests, term reviews, and short investigations when students are slow to progress are included.
Guidelines for the explicit teaching of sight words are contained within the appendix.
To find out how the Fourth Edition differs from previous versions, click here.
This publication is mentioned within the Year 1 & 2 Teaching Sequence Manual on pages 9 – 16.
Books: PLD’s books may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. PLD’s books may be photocopied up to 10% per year for use only by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD materials.
eBooks: PLD’s eBooks may only be used by the Authorised Purchaser, and the Authorised Purchaser’s students, and only in conjunction with classes taken by the Authorised Purchaser. The Authorised Purchaser is defined as the original purchaser of the PLD eBook. Under the ‘Statutory Educational License’ the authorised purchaser can:
- View the eBook as a whole or in part
- Copy the eBook to their personal drive or locally on their device
- Display the eBook on your Interactive Whiteboard, projector or smart TV, for the purpose of teaching the students in their own classroom
- Photocopy or print up to 10% of the eBook per year, for use with the students in their classroom(s).
School Licences: A School Licence is a multi-user subscription to a PLD resource, such as a book or program, in a digital and printable format that is accessible via the ‘My Subscription’ section of the PLD website. A School Licence is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase and can be used by an unlimited number of teachers within a school. When bought under a School Licence:
- Resources are accessible in digital, flipbook format, which teachers can access from anywhere, at any time, on any device via the PLD website.
- The resources can be used by any amount of teachers in that school.
- Multiple teachers can access the resources simultaneously.
- The resource is available to print, subject to the standard 10% per year limitation as per Australian Copyright law.
- Updated versions of resources will be automatically accessible to users with a current licence for free, ensuring all users have access to the latest versions of resources.
- Resources are stored centrally and accessed via a secure login account on the PLD website. Thus, all currently subscription resources are accessible in the one convenient place, making resources extremely easy to find. Moreso, the school license offering eradicates the frustration of lost or misplaced resources and programs which happens often with hardback books.
Additional information can be accessed via the following links:Books: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/plds-printed-electronic-materials-how-can-they-be-used-can-i-share-them-with-a-friendcolleague-9lk4y/
PLD’s Copyright Policy: https://support.pld-literacy.org/en-au/article/copyright-and-terms-of-use-of-pld-literacy-15tkcer/