Implementing PLD half day Seminars – Kalgoorlie, Geraldton & Bunbury (WA)
What to teach? When to screen? How to cater for the range in ability?
The implementation of PLD’s evidence-based literacy instruction with PLD founder, Diana Rigg.
These half day sessions outline PLD’s SSP approach. Each presentation explains PLD’s model of explicit structured synthetic phonics teaching and tracking. The morning sessions focus upon PLD’s implementation in the junior primary (& K-1) and the afternoon sessions focus upon PLD implementation in Years 2-6.
Whether you are new to PLD or are implementing aspects these sessions aim to increase the effectiveness of classroom instruction in semester 2.
When and where are the events?
- Tuesday 8th September Venue: Railway Motel Function Centre, 51 Forrest St, Kalgoorlie
- Thursday 10th September Venue: Harbour View Function Centre, 87 Marine Tce, Geraldton
- Tuesday 15th September Venue: The Quality Hotel, Lighthouse Function Rooms, 2 Marlston Drive, Bunbury
Who should attend?
These sessions are designed to have a broad appeal. The presentations are relevant to those already implementing PLD and those who are new to PLD. The sessions are relevant to teachers, support staff and school leaders (investigating whole-school literacy processes) for semester 2 or 2021.
Check Dates and Register
- Tuesday 8th September – 8.30AM to 11.30AM – Implementing PLD in Kindy, Pre-Primary and Year 1.
- Tuesday 8th September – 12.30PM to 3.00PM – Implementing PLD in Years 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6.
- Thursday 10th September – 8.30AM to 11.30AM – Implementing PLD in Kindy, Pre-Primary and Year 1.
- Thursday 10th September – 12.30PM to 3.00PM – Implementing PLD in Years 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6.