Open to residents of Australia only. One entry permitted per person. Entry is via a comment reply on ‘
Competition opens 3.30pm (WST) on 08/02/2018 and closes at 5pm (WST) on 14/02/2018
Winners picked from all eligible entries received up to 5:00pm on 14/02/2018
Winner will receive a Seminar Ticket for 6th or 7th March seminars.
Total prize pool of $398 on 14/02/2018. Winners will be contacted by reply to their winning comment. Winners names will be published at https://www.pld-literacy.org/competitions on 15/2/2018 for 28 days.
The Promoter is PLD Promoting Literacy Development.
WIN ONE OF 2 SEMINAR TICKETS! Competition Terms and Conditions
- Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Headings in these Terms and Conditions are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The promoter is PLD Promoting Literacy Development (Promoter).
- Entries for the promotion may be submitted from 3.30pm (WST) on 08/02/2018 and closes at 5pm (WST) on 14/02/2018. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to Australian residents who are not directors or employees of the Promoter and its related bodies corporate (or immediate family members of those directors and employees) (Eligible Entrants).
- If an Eligible Entrant is under the age of 18, they must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian before entering the promotion.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must Like the post and the Page on the competition post on PLD Promoting Literacy Development Official Facebook page (located at www.facebook.com.au/pldliteracy). We encourage entrants to like the page to allow easier communication in the event of them winning. Sharing of the post is not a requirement for entry.
- Entrants may only enter this competition once and must enter in their own name. The Promoter is not responsible for (and is under no obligation to accept) any lost, late, incomplete or misdirected entries.
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who is not an Eligible Entrant, has not complied with these Terms and Conditions or tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Determination of Winners
- This promotion is a game of skill and Winners will be selected based on the creativity of their answer
- In the event of a ’25 words or less’ response as requirement for entry. The Promoter reserves the right to exclude single character words such as ‘i’ and ‘a’ from the total word count.
- All valid entries received between3.30pm (WST) on 08/02/2018 and closes at 5pm (WST) on 14/02/2018 will be judged. Total prize pool valued at $398 on 8/2/2018.
- There will be a total of 2 Winners.
- The result of the selection is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Each winner will receive a SEMINAR TICKET – Valued at $199
- Under the Australian Consumer Law, there are some warranties and guarantees that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or can only be excluded, restricted or modified to a limited extent. The Promoter excludes all warranties and guarantees in relation to the prizes, to the extent allowable under the Australian Consumer Law. Except as otherwise required under the Australian Consumer Law, the Promoter accepts no liability or responsibility for any defect with the prizes.
- Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to select an alternative prize of similar value which will be awarded to the relevant Winners, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the promotion or the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
Notification of the Winners
- The Promoter will attempt to notify each Winners after being selected within two business days of the draw. Contact will be made via Facebook reply and via direct message on Facebook. Winners are encouraged to be a ‘Fan’ of the PLD Promoting Literacy Development Official Facebook page to allow the Promoter to make contact via a direct message on Facebook.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact Winners after having made reasonable efforts to do so using the information provided on the Winners online entry form, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entry. The name of the Winners will be published at https://www.pld-literacy.org/competitions/ from 15/2/2018 for 28 days.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to re-select a Winners in the event of a Winners not being an Eligible Entrant, not having complied with these Terms and Conditions or not being able to be contacted by the Promoter after the Promoter having made reasonable efforts to do so. If a redraw is necessary, it will be conducted by PLD Promoting Literacy Development on 16/2/2018 at 11:00am (WST), subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any Winners determined in accordance with this will be notified by email within two business days of the draw and their names will be published online at https://www.pld-literacy.org/competitions/ from 16/2/2018 for 28 days.
Limitation of liability and variation of promotion
- Except as otherwise required by law, if any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this promotion and these Terms and Conditions.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents will not be liable for any losses (including loss of opportunity), damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of or in connection with this promotion, or the use of any prize.
Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of Winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a Winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting their prize.
Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including by disclosing their personal information to PLD Promoting Literacy Development who will hold and use such information only for the purposes of conducting the draws.
Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, a copy of which is available at http://www.pld-literacy.org/privacystatement
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Facebook membership and the use of Facebook generally are subject to the Facebook prevailing terms and conditions of use available at www.facebook.com.
Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their entries and any other information they transmit to other internet users via Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, each entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Facebook and its associated agencies and companies, against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by an entrant in respect of the entrant’s participation in the promotion.
Any questions, comments or complaints about this promotion must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook.